Thursday, October 22, 2015

Opening Salvo

OK, so this isn't so much a new blog as a change in venue. For a while, I've been blogging over at the Tumbr, which has plenty of lovely pictures to scroll through. That's the problem. The pictures.

You see, I'm fairly distractible, (No! Gasp!) and all of the lovely pictures tend to take me off in about ten dozen different tangents, which is fun but not so great for the old productivity. Also Tumblr isn't so great for the almost exclusively text-based blogs. So there's that.

Hopefully, this new platform will be a little more conducive to writing, but I'm not going to kid you. This blog is named The Shiny Squirrel Diaries for a goddamn good reason. I like doing new things. Recently, I have taken up computer coding, etching, and Spanish. Next month, I'll be participating in NaNoWriMo. I'm in a book club, and I game twice a month. And I'm a distance runner.

Because I live by the philosophy that sleep is for assholes, apparently. That's why.

Consistency isn't exactly my strong suit. Or it would be if I could get JK Rowling to send me one of those goddamn time necklaces.

But I'm going to try.

Because writing is fun, and because I like inflicting my crazy on the rest of the world.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment